4 Postdoctoral Fellowships: Harmonic Analysis & PDEs, CFD & Cloud
HPC, Mathematical Modelling in Biosciences and Fluid Mechanics.
BCAM offers four postdoctoral positions in the following research areas:
- Harmonic Analysis and Differential Equations: Postdoctoral position in the ERC Advanced
grant “HADE - Harmonic Analysis and Differential Equations: New
Challenges”. This project seeks to propose new challenges and develop
original analytical tools that, if carried out, would entail significant
progress on three different aspects of some fundamental Partial
Differential Equations of Mathematical Physics:
- Vortex Filament Equation (VFE)
- Relativistic and Non-relativistic
Critical Electromagnetic Hamiltonians
- Uncertainty Principles and Applications
- CFD Computational Technology: Cloud HPC: Postdoctoral position in the project MSO4SC (Mathematical
Modelling, Simulation and Optimization for Societal Challenges with
Scientific Computing). The role of our team will be interfacing our
FEniCS-HPC framework and supercomputer applications in turbulent flow to
the HPC cloud infrastructure developed together in the project consortium.
- Mathematical Modelling in Biosciences: The objective of the group is building bridges between mathematics
and other Life Science disciplines. In particular, we are interested in
both applications and methodology, in order to devise reliable predictive
tools for biomedical applications, disease ecology, and conservation
biology. This postdoctoral position deals with patient-specific numerical
simulation, computational inverse problems and/or uncertainty
quantification for biomedical applications. The research activity will be
conducted in collaboration with hospitals.
- Fluid Mechanics: In the framework of
the Applied Analysis research line whose research is concerned with the
analytical study of physically motivated systems of partial differential
equations, the postdoctoral position will deal with Mathematical Fluid
Mechanics and Applied Analysis.
The conditions of the offer are the
- 2 year contract
- 100% dedication
- The gross annual salary of the Fellowships will be 28.000 -
30.000€. There is a moving allowance for those researchers that come
from a research institution outside the Basque Country from EUR 1.000 to
EUR 2.000 gross. Free access to the Public Health System in Spain is
provided to all employees.
- New Postdoctoral Fellows are expected to join BCAM by the beginning
- Promising young researchers.
- Applicants must have their PhD completed before the end
- Ability to effectively communicate and present research ideas to
researchers with different background.
- Ability to clearly present and publish research outcomes in spoken
(talks) and written (papers) form.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
BCAM is a world-class research center on Applied Mathematics with a
focus on interdisciplinary research in the frontiers of
mathematics, attraction and training of talented scientists,
development of new numerical and simulation methods, interaction with industry,
and promotion of scientific and technological advances worldwide.
Located in the Basque Country, it benefits from a long industrial
tradition, and it is linked with the French Atlantic corridor, a region of
excellence in Applied Mathematics. This context contributes to the task of
building an excellence research center. BCAM counts with around 60 researchers
from over 20 different countries with experience in some of the most
prestigious research centers on their area, organized in 5 research
areas and an administrative support team composed by 7 people.
BCAM is a young research center that is facing its consolidation phase.
In this sense, the scientific strategy of the center is based on
three Scientific Platforms that have been set up in order to
establish an interdisciplinary system capable of facing the challenges of
Mathematical Science in a broad manner by bringing together
Mathematics, Engineering and Sciences:
* Core in Applied Mathematics: PDE, Numerical Analysis, Fourier Analysis, Algebraic Geometry, Probability and
* Computational Mathematics: Modeling and computer simulations using numerical,
stochastic and Monte Carlo methods.
* Applications of Mathematics to Industry, Social Sciences and Health Sciences.
Regarding human resources management,
BCAM core values rely on people as its main asset, so, the continuous evolution
of the HR strategy is key for the success of BCAM in order to adapt to the
needs of the people, so BCAM decided to launch the HR Excellence in Research
process (as the implementation of the European Charter for Researchers and Code
of Conduct for the Recruitment) to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and
impact of the actions that BCAM should undertake to provide an attractive and
supportive environment to researchers. BCAM was awarded with the HR
Excellence in Research in May 2016.