| Logging In, Getting Started -- MathJobs applicants|
| Login to MathJobs.Org|
To log in, go to the link on the main MathJobs.Org page under the Login subheader, ...as Job Applicant. You will then see the login window below:
- If you do not have an account yet: If this is your first login to MathJobs.Org and you do not have an account yet, please note the checkbox in the middle of the page with the text this is my first login, please create an account for me. Be sure to check this box.
- Enter your Email Address and choose your Password on your first login. Use this password on subsequent logins, or you can change it at a later point. If the password checker determines that your password is too simple or easily guessed, it will prompt you for a new password. An acceptable password should contain at least 6 characters from two or more different character groups such as lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers, and other special characters.
- You will also have two additional options: turn off caching and save my login. The default is neither.
- You can turn off caching if you need extra security. This will prevent any of your MathJobs pages from being stored on your computer. This would also mean that you could not utilize the Back button on your browser, since your previous pages would have not been stored for you.
- remember me will save your login information for future sessions, so that you will not need to enter your login information again.
- Again, if this is your first time logging in, be sure to click the checkbox at the next item, this is my first login, please create an account for me.
- To complete the initial login process, you will need a login token, which will be sent to your email address immediately. Please check your email before you continue. Once you have received the login token, please come back to the applicant login screen and cut and paste the token login into the text field to create a new account.
- After an account has been established, clicking on the Forgot your password? link will enable you to have your password reset. You will get a password reset form where you just enter your email address and click on submit. You will receive a return email with your new password very shortly.
| Getting Started|
You will be on the Portfolio page once you have logged into Mathjobs.Org. The actions available to you are presented as *links* across the top of the page.
Following are steps that most applicants will want to take as they get started:
- Submit portfolio materials
The Portfolio link is where you create, update and submit your AMS cover sheet, cover letter, CV, publication list, research and publication statements, and any other items you may want to submit. For more details, see Portfolio on the User Guide page. Submitting portfolio data and documents does not mean you have applied for any job. Each job must be specifically applied for using the apply button on the jobs screen.
- Search, view, and apply for jobs
Search the current open positions by clicking on the Search link and apply to a position by clicking on the Jobs link. For more details, see Search and Jobs on the User Guide page.
- Update or withdraw your application, check on the status
You can update or withdraw your applications to Jobs, as well as checking on the Status of your applications. For more details, see Jobs, Portfolio, and Status on the User Guide page.
- Experiment to learn more
Never enter TEST data into the "real" MathJobs. It is often impossible to delete such data. You will want to use the DEMO VERSION of MathJobs for this.
To try out all the features of the MathJobs.Org system without worry of having to later undo your experiments, utilize the MathJobs DEMO Server, which is accessible from the MathJobs.Org homepage. You can login in as different users (see the main page there for login info), but please do not enter any real data there.
| Contact us|
Please feel free to Contact Us directly with any questions or comments you have!
AMS Membership and Programs Department
1-800-321-4267, ext. 4107