Department of Mathematics, National University of Singapore
Position ID: 492-TENURETRACK [#4842]
Position Title: tenured, tenure-track and visiting positions
Position Type: Tenured/Tenure-track faculty
Position Location: Singapore, Singapore, Singapore [map]
Subject Areas: Mathematics, Applied Mathematics
Application Deadline: finished (posted 2013/08/01, finished 2014/10/05, listed until 2014/03/31)
Position Description: *** this position has been closed, and no new applications will be accepted. ***
|The Department of Mathematics at the National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for tenured, tenure-track and visiting positions at all levels, beginning in August 2014.
NUS is a research intensive university that provides quality undergraduate and graduate education. The Department of Mathematics has about 65 faculty members and teaching staff whose expertise cover major areas of contemporary mathematical research.
We seek promising scholars and established mathematicians with outstanding track records in any field of pure and applied mathematics. The Department, housed in a newly renovated building equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, offers internationally competitive salary with start-up research grants, as well as an environment conducive to active research, with ample opportunities for career development. The teaching load for junior faculty is kept especially light.
The Department is particularly interested in, but not restricted to, considering applicants specializing in any of the following areas:
• Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems
• Partial Differential Equations and Applied Analysis
• Computational Science, Imaging and Data Science
• Operations Research and Financial Mathematics
• Probability and Stochastic Processes
Application materials should be sent to the Search Committee via email (as PDF files): firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following supporting documentation in the application:
1. an American Mathematical Society Standard Cover Sheet;
2. a detailed CV including publications list;
3. a statement (max. of 3 pages) of research accomplishments and plan;
4. a statement (max. of 2 pages) of teaching philosophy and methodology. Please attach evaluation on teaching from faculty members or students of your current institution, where applicable;
5. at least three letters of recommendation including one which indicates the candidate’s effectiveness and commitment in teaching. Please ask your referees to send their letters directly to email@example.com
Enquiries may also be sent to this email address.
Review process will begin on 15 October, and will continue until positions are filled.
For further information about the department, please visit http://www.math.nus.edu.sg|
Application Materials Required:
- Those requested in the position description.
- Department of Mathematics
National University of Singapore
10, Lower Kent Ridge Road
© 2016 MathJobs.Org, American Mathematical Society. All Rights Reserved.