Mathematics, University of Colorado, Boulder
Position ID: CUBoulder-INSTRUCTOR [#4629]
Position Title: Calc Czar
Position Location: Boulder, Colorado 80309, United States [map]
Subject Area: Calculus
Application Deadline: 2013/03/15 finished (posted 2013/02/08, finished 2013/05/29, listed until 2013/04/12)
Position Description: *** this position has been closed, and no new applications will be accepted. ***
|The Department of Mathematics at the University of Colorado, Boulder invites applications for a full-time (academic year plus summer), non-tenure-track position at the rank of Instructor, to commence July 1, 2013, with a starting salary of approximately $60K per calendar year. (Precise start date is negotiable.) Initial appointment will be for two years and is renewable. Primary duties will include:
- coordination and supervision of approximately 30 small sections of Calculus 1 and 2 taught by graduate student TAs and instructors in each of the fall and spring semesters;
- teaching one section each of Calculus 1 and 2 in each of the fall and spring semesters;
- teaching training courses for graduate Teaching Assistants and undergraduate Learning Assistants in the fall and spring semesters;
- coordination and supervision of summer Calculus courses.
Candidates must have at least one degree in mathematics, and a Ph.D. in either mathematics or mathematics education, as well as some experience teaching mathematics at the university level. Some supervisory experience (e.g., supervising TAs) is desirable, and preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate enthusiasm about modern pedagogical techniques and who desire to stay abreast of curricular developments.
Please submit a curriculum vitae, statement of teaching and supervision philosophy, evidence of teaching excellence, and at least three letters of recommendation. Applications received by March 15, 2013 will receive full consideration, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The University of Colorado Boulder is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at email@example.com.|
Application Materials Required:
- Submit the following items online at this website:
Cover Letter(s) (optional)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- Three Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at this site )
- And anything else requested in the position description.
- University of Colorado, Boulder
Department of Mathematics
Boulder, CO 80309-0395
© 2015 MathJobs.Org, American Mathematical Society. All Rights Reserved.