to new or existing account. Click on the 'Forgot your
password?' link on the login page to reset your password if needed
- Create/update the 'AMS Standard Coversheet' with basic contact
and research info, enter/notify reference writers.
Print out PDF version for other employers if needed. The coversheet form also has
the info on the letters already uploaded by your references
- Upload commonly used files into your 'Portfolio'. Each
category can hold multiple files for different jobs/employers; they can
be updated anytime. All files are automatically converted into PDF format
reference letter request email messages:
- Decide who you plan to write letters for
- Write the letters on your computer
- Save the letters to a place where you can upload from later
- Clear up
previous Application List by changing the old jobs' status to
'finished' or 'deleted', if the list is not empty. It's a good idea to make a 'Snapshots'
beforehand if you haven't done so already
- Run 'Config'
to add staff to group manager list, faculty to faculty access
list. Set 'Access Permissions' for faculty if necessary
drafted onto the searching committees:
- Learn how to use the system the first year
- 'View Jobs' listing: by posting date, deadline or
country/state. Mark and add private notes to any of the posted jobs
- 'Search' job listing; save the searches to get
- Apply for interested jobs, just by clicking on the 'Apply'
- Monitor 'Status', where you see what the employers actually
see for every application. Check
if your applications are complete, if your reference letters have been submitted
- Update (re-apply) applications as many times as you like,
or whenever you have new info to add. Employers automatically access
the latest files in your Portfolio which you have submitted in
- Remember you have to apply for jobs after submitting your AMS standard
coversheet. Employers can only access the items you selected in your job applications.
Employers have direct access to the selected items in your Portfolio; no items are ever
sent to employers. Please don't delete any needed items before the job search is over.
Any updates in your Portfolio, including the AMS Standard Coversheet, will be instantly reflected on the
employers' view of your applications.
- Read FAQs, or Contact Us for Help
and upload letters:
as reference writers using the email and password
received in the email. Click on the 'Forgot your password?' link on the
login page to reset your password if needed
- Click on the 'proxy' link near the bottom of your 'Refs' page
to enable another person to upload your letters on your behalf, if desired.
- Click on an applicant's name on your 'Refs' list to upload
a letter for that applicant. 'Limit its access' by employers or
an expiring date if desired
- Click on the name of an existing letter to upload another
one in its place or to delete it.
- Click on the applicant's name in the heading of the upload
form to see the applicant's AMS standard coversheet
- Click on the 'viewable by...' link for each letter to see
its expiring date, who have access to it, and a list of employers the
applicant has applied and which of your letters they can view and when
did they last view them
- Daily browse the 'Application List', sort by 'LastUpdated'
'Received' to look for new data
- (Optional) Weekly do 'Labels' to print out file folder labels
(which updates the Processed flag too), or download whole dataset, if
- For application material arrived in postal mail, mark the
in the applicant's coversheet (the Application View), scan/upload the
file if required
- Do 'NewApp' to enter the name and email of paper only
applications, which emails the applicant to ask them to
- Check 'noCover' to see if any action is needed
- (Optional) Mark application as 'Completed' from the Application List
or Application View pages, if necessary
- Save 'Search' to create shared 'Search Filters' for faculty
- 'Mail' applicants if needed
- Add 'News' entries for applicants
- Enter 'staff log' if needed
- Try 'asFaculty' to use the system as a faculty member
- 'List', 'Search' applicants in many ways
- Add applicants to your 'short list', 'no more consideration
list'; use 'committee view'
- Turn on/off 'Job Filters', 'Search Filters' to narrow down
- Review an applicant's cover sheet (the Applicant
View), read reference letters and other
application material, rate and comment on the applicant; access other
faculty's ratings and comments
- Refer applicant to other faculty to review
- Use your own private notes on each applicant from the
- Browse the 'Wanted' (free agent) list to invite other
to apply. You can search the list, save the searches and get daily email
on new applicants.
- Read the FAQs, or Contact Us for Help if
- Save to
your local system those files in your Portfolio which you want to save
for later use.
- Maybe use our
service again in the future:)
- Your account
normally disappears after a year:)
- Save any letters you want to save to your local system
before they are removed after the job season is over
- 'Mail' out rejection letters:)
- Print out 'EEO/EOE' summary
- 'Snap' a new snapshot; download to your system
- Mark all jobs as 'finished'
- Think about next year....
- Sort applicants by ratings
- Meeting, voting, etc.